Colpermin is an antispasmodic which is used to relieve the bloating, painful spasms and cramps which occur in the large bowel in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The capsules contain peppermint oil, which relaxes the spasm of the bowel wall. This relieves pain and allows pockets of gas, which may have made you feel bloated, to pass along the bowel and out of the body.
How To Use
- For oral use. Swallow capsules with a small quantity of water.
- Do not take the capsules immediately after food.
- Do not eat 30-60 minutes after taking the capsule.
- Do not take the capsules at the same time as indigestion remedies as they may damage the capsules.
- Do not chew or break the capsules before swallowing.
- Colpermin capsules are hard gelatine capsules. There is a chance that the capsules could break when they are pushed out. Push out the capsules from the blister pocket with slight pressure toward the end of the capsule.
- The capsules should be taken until symptoms are resolved, normally within one to two weeks.
- If you experience new symptoms or worsening of existing symptoms, consult your doctor.
Adults and Adolescents 15 years and over: Take one capsule three times a day. If symptoms are severe,the dose can be increased to two capsules taken three times a day.
Children under 15 years: Colpermin is not recommended for children under 15 years old.
- Please read the enclosed package leaflet carefully before use
- If symptoms persist consult your doctor
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- This product should not be used in patients who are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients, including menthol and arachis oil (peanut oil). If you are allergic to peanut or soya, do not use this medicinal product.
Each capsule contains 0.2ml of peppermint oil.
Each capsule contains 136 mg Arachis oil, refined (peanut oil). For a full list of excipients, see the patient information leaflet. As there is a possible relationship between allergy to peanut and allergy to Soya, patients with Soya allergy should also avoid Colpermin.