Strepsils Intensive Honey and lemon lozenges are used to relieve sore throats in adults and children over the age of 12 years, and are the only lozenges containing 8.75mg flurbiprofen for fast and long lasting relief.
Flurbiprofen belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which help reduce inflammation (swelling) and pain. Strepsils Intensive Lozenges help relieve the symptoms of sore throats, such as soreness, pain and swelling
Directions for use:
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Suck one lozenge slowly every 3 to 6 hours, as required.
- Do not take more than five lozenges in any 24 hour period.
To work properly, the lozenge must dissolve slowly in your mouth. Do not chew or swallow the lozenges whole. Move the lozenge around your mouth whilst sucking it. You should get some relief from pain and soreness within half an hour of sucking the lozenge and this relief should last for up to 4 hours.
Do not take these lozenges if you:
- have or have ever had a stomach ulcer
- are allergic to flurbiprofen, aspirin or other NSAIDs or any of the other ingredients (see below)
- have previously experienced gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation whilst taking NSAIDs
- have ever had wheezing, a runny nose or an itchy rash (hives) after taking aspirin, flurbiprofen or medicines containing NSAIDs
- are under 12 years old.
- have ever had heart failure
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking Strepsils Intensive Lozenges if you:
- have or have ever had asthma
- have kidney, heart or liver problems
- have high blood pressure
- have blood clotting problems
- have a history of ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- have diabetes
- are (or may be) pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Each lozenge contains the active ingredient flurbiprofen 8.75mg. Also contains sucrose (1406mg), glucose (1069mg), honey (50.4mg), macrogol 300, lemon flavour, potassium hydroxide (2.2mg), levomenthol, 2.5g carbohydrate.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine