This medicine is used to treat threadworm and other common worm infections of the gut. This medicine is for use by adults and children aged over 2 years.
Do not use this medicine:
• If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to any of the ingredients.
• If it is for a child under 2 years.
• If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant.
• If you are breast-feeding. If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist before using Vermox Tablets.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacis:
If you are taking any other medicines, including:
• Metronidazole (a drug used to treat bacterial and protozoan infections) as a serious skin reaction can rarely occur.
• Cimetidine (a medicine used to treat excess stomach acidity)
How to Use:
Threadworm infection (Enterobiasis):
Adults and children aged 2 years and over: Take one tablet. After two to four weeks take another tablet.
• If symptoms do not disappear within a few days, speak to your doctor.
Common worm infections (Ascariasis, trichuriasis, ancylostomiasis and mixed infections)
Adults and children aged 2 years and over: Take one tablet twice daily (i.e. morning and evening) for three consecutive days or as directed by your doctor.
Other worm infections (Taeniasis and strongyloidiasis)
Adults: Take two tablets twice daily (morning and evening) for three consecutive days.
Children 2 years and over: Take one tablet twice daily (i.e. morning and evening) for three consecutive days. Your doctor will advise the appropriate dose depending on the type of worm infection.
The active ingredient in Vermox Tablets is: Mebendazole 100mg per tablet.
Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycollate, talc, maize starch, saccharin sodium, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, tetrarome orange, colloidal dioxide silica, sodium laurilsulfate and Sunset Yellow (E110).