Artelac 3.2mg/ml Eye Drops is a soothing solution that is used as an artificial tear when the eyes are lacking in tears. Your eyes will normally produce just enough natural tears to allow them to move easily and comfortably. If your eyes do not produce enough tears they can become dry, red and painful. Your drops keep the surface of the eye lubricated (moist) when production of tears is less than normal, and has a refreshing, cooling action.
How to Use
Wash your hands before using your drops.
Unless otherwise directed, instill 1 drop into the conjuctivial sac (corner of the eye, nearest the nose) 3 to 5 times per day or as required, to provide sufficient lubrication.
Wearers of contact lenses should remove their lenses before Artelac® is administrated and should wait for at least 15 minutes before they insert them again.
Detailed instructions are listed on the enclosed leaflet, please read carefully before use.
The active ingredient is: hypromellose 3.2 mg/ml (0.32 % w/v)
- This product is safe to use in pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are taking any other medication or if you have a medical condition.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- All eye drops can cause a short term blurring of vision when first used, so you should wait until your eyes are clear before driving or using machines.
- If you wear soft contact lenses – take out your lenses before using Artelac and then wait for at least 15 minutes after using these drops before putting your lenses back in.
- If your eyes continue to feel dry and sore, stop using your drops and tell your doctor.