Difflam rinse contains the active ingredient benzydamine, which belongs to a group of medicines called local analgesics and anti-inflammatories. Difflam rinse is used to relieve painful inflammatory conditions of the mouth and throat including:
- Pharyngitis (sore throat) caused by removal of the tonsils or use of naso-gastric tube (feeding tube).
- Pharyngitis, and mouth ulcers caused by radiation therapy.
- After dental operations.
How To Use
- Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults and the elderly: Rinse or gargle with 15 ml (about 1 tablespoonful) every 1.5 to 3 hours as required to relieve pain. After gargling, spit out the rinse and do not swallow it.
Use in Children: Difflam rinse is not suitable for children aged 12 years or under.
- Difflam rinse should usually be used undiluted, but if ‘stinging’ occurs the rinse may be diluted with water.
- You should not use Difflam rinse for more than 7 days at a time unless your doctor tells you to.
Do not use Difflam rinse:
- If you are allergic to benzydamine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. An allergic reaction may include rash, itching, difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue.
Warnings and Precautions
- Please read the enclosed package leaflet carefully before use.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Difflam rinse.
- Try not to get Difflam rinse in your eyes. If you do, rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Take special care with Difflam:
- If you have a history of Asthma.
- If you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or to other anti-inflammatory painkillers called NSAIDs.
- Difflam Oral Rinse is for oromucosal use only and should not be swallowed.
- Difflam rinse is not suitable for children aged 12 years or under.
- If you are pregnant or breast- feeding, think you may be pregnant or are you planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
What Difflam Rinse Contains:
Each 15 ml contains: 22.5 mg benzydamine hydrochloride equivalent to 0.15% w/v. The other ingredients are: ethanol (96%), glycerol, saccharin and sodium hydrogen carbonate, mint flavour, polysorbate 20, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), quinoline yellow (E104), patent blue V (E131), and purified water.