Ferrograd C is an iron supplement used to prevent and treat iron-deficiency anaemia and vitamin C deficiency when the two are present together. Ferrograd C should only be taken by pregnant women after the first 13 weeks of pregnancy. The added vitamin C helps the body to absorb the iron.
How to Use
Take one tablet daily before a meal. Although iron preparations are best absorbed on an empty stomach, they may also be taken with food to reduce gastrointestinal side effects. Swallow the tablet whole with water. Do not suck, chew or keep the tablet in your mouth. Ferrograd C should not be given to children under 12 years old.
The active substances are dried ferrous sulphate and vitamin C. Each Ferrograd C tablet contains dried ferrous sulphate 325 mg (equivalent to 105 mg elemental iron) in a controlled release gradumet form and vitamin C 500 mg (ascorbic acid) as sodium ascorbate.
Do not take FERROGRAD C
- If you are allergic to Ferrous Sulphate, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are under 12 years of age
- If you have been told that you have an intestinal blockage or diverticular disease of the intestine or if you are already taking medicines containing iron
- If you have problems dealing with iron
Before taking Ferrograd C consult your doctor
- If you are diabetic as Ferrograd C may stop your urine sugar test sticks from working properly
- If you have a family history of problems dealing with iron
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.