Vermox Suspension is a medicine, which is used to treat threadworms (sometimes known as pinworms) and other common worm infections e.g. (whipworm, roundworm, hookworm). The medicine contains mebendazole, which is one of a group of medicines called ‘anthelmintics’. This medicine is for use in adults and children aged over 2 years.
Do not use this medicine:
• If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to any of the ingredients.
• If you are breast-feeding.
• If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant.
If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist before using Vermox Suspension.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
• If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
• If you are taking any other medicines, including:
• Metronidazole (a drug used to treat bacterial and protozoan infections) as a serious skin reaction can rarely occur.
• Cimetidine (used to treat excess stomach acidity).
How to Use:
Always shake the bottle thoroughly before use.
• The suspension should be taken using the 5 ml measuring cup in the pack.
• For oral use only.
• Do not use more than the stated dose shown in the table.
• Always supervise a child if they are taking this medicine
Threadworm infection (Enterobiasis)
Adults and children: Take one 5ml dose. aged 2 years and over. After two to four weeks take another 5ml dose.
Common worm infections (Ascariasis, trichuriasis, ankylostomiasis and mixed infections)
Adults and children: Take one 5ml dose aged 2 years and over. twice daily (i.e. morning and evening) for three consecutive days or as directed by your doctor.
Other worm infections (Taeniasis and strongyloidiasis)
Adult: Take two 5ml doses (10ml) twice daily (morning and evening) for three consecutive days.
Children 2 years and over: Take one 5ml dose twice daily (i.e. morning and evening) for three consecutive days. Your doctor will advise the appropriate dose depending on the type of worm infection.